2 Favorite Parts
Of That Book … That Side Hustle … That Adventure …
The best book I’ve read so far this year is a children’s book with a message about ditching perfectionism and self-doubt. It resonated in a big way. Let’s rediscover our joy!read more
Don’t we want to send out vibes of gratitude and abundance for this crazy writer life, rather than messages of lack or even despair? What we focus on, grows.read more
Nicole Dean is a great example of someone who has truly created a lifestyle business.
Her trip to Italy may have been her first, but this isn’t one of those once-in-a-lifetime stories. Nicole has traveled extensively around the world and around the country — and as you’ll learn here, she leaves her laptop at home when she does. She isn’t chained to her businesses.read more
Making Extra Money
There are a ton of ways to bring in extra cash, whether it’s just mad money you’re after or whether you desperately need to pay the rent (been there!).
Here are some ideas:
- Sell on Amazon. This is like eBay but with less hassle. There are many routes you can take, but the best place to learn the basics and detailed instructions on getting started is to check out Jessica Larrew of The Selling Family.
- WeGoLook. You fill out an application, install an app on your phone and then get notifications of micro jobs in your area — anything from photo inspections of a car or street scene to property inspections.
- Uber. You’ll need a decent, newer-model car for this, but again, you choose your hours.
Those are just three, but for a boatload of other ideas, check out one of my favorite blogs: Side Hustle Nation.
2 Favorite Tools for Entrepreneurs
There’s a lot we need to stay on top of as entrepreneurs and some of us are more creative than we are organized (*raises hand).
Here are two of my favorite tools that make life a lot easier:
- MileIQ. This handy app keeps track of mileage on my smartphone. The best part: I don’t need to remember to write anything down! The app keeps a record and then my job is to categorize the drives whenever I have a chance to get to it. There’s a free version that tracks a limited number of drives, but your best bet is the $5.99/month subscription.
- GoDaddy Bookkeeping. Ok, if I’m honest, it’s GoDaddy Bookkeeping PLUS my amazing sister, who handles bookkeeping for our Amazon FBA business. GoDaddy is fairly easy to learn (neither of us has an accounting background) and you can use it to keep track of multiple businesses.
Let me know some of your favorite tools!
Writing Services: Let’s Work Together!
Are you in need of clean, fresh copy for your website or business? Let’s talk!
I have nearly 20 years of professional writing experience, including the newspaper business, specialty publications, and most recently, the online space. I can adapt my style and voice to your needs and promise you clean copy that is delivered on time, every time.